If you're looking for a GPS tracker for your pet, there are a few things you should consider. Most units are bulky and not designed with either pets or their owners in mind. Make sure you know what you're getting before you buy one.
Here are some important questions to ask:
- Is the tracker small, light and comfortable enough for your pet to happily wear all day?
- Is the unit fully waterproof? (Can your dog go for a swim)?
- Does it have removable batteries so that you don't have to remove the whole unit to charge it?
- Can the unit be adjusted to fit any size collar?
- Does the tracking provide real‐time locations?
- Does it send perimeter alerts if your pet runs away?
- Does it offer activity monitoring?
- Is there a warranty if the product is lost or damaged?
- Does the company provide strong customer support?
- Does the design of the product cater for future expansion and accessories?
What is Pod?
Pod has been engineered to be the smallest and lightest real-time GPS pet tracker in the world. Its unique barrel design has been created to be as comfortable on your animal as possible and our custom strapping mechanism allows your Pod to fit collars of all shapes and sizes. Unlike other trackers on the market, each Pod comes with two interchangeable batteries so you never have to remove the unit from your animal's collar or worry about downtime while the unit is charging.
Pod is packed with technology and supported by the Pod mobile app and website, which allows you to interact with your unit by setting custom safe zones, monitoring activity and much more.
- Location on demand
- Escape alerts
- Activity monitoring
- Interchangeable batteries
- Fits all collars
- Suitable for cats and dogs
- Fully waterproof
- Weighs only 29g / 1oz and is 50.5mm / 2in in length
Pod uses Vodafone and it's partner networks from around the World to provide the communication between the Pod and the app.
Pod: A GPS tracker on a Mission
The team behind Pod, the world's smallest, lightest, fully waterproof GPS tracker for pets, is devoted to equipping pet owners with the best tracking available on the market so we can help them make sure their pets never go missing again. A GPS tracker is the best way to do this.
The story behind our GPS tracker
More than a year ago, Sebastian Langton lost his best friend in the world, Rango, possibly the coolest cat on the planet and his companion through many adventures. After going through the pain of losing Rango, Seb was determined to find a way to prevent other pet owners from going through the same pain. He realised a GPS tracker was the answer, but for a GPS tracker to work for animals of all sizes and dispositions, it had to be rugged and lightweight. There was no GPS tracker like this on the market.
He also learned that one in three pets go missing in their lifetime, which is more than ten million pets a year - and that it's preventable with the right GPS tracker. The idea for Pod was born -- a vision to develop the best GPS tracker for pets in the world. He and his team built a prototype, kicked off a crowdfunding campaign that raised more than $150,000 and generated massive global awareness. He rest is history as Pod became the must-have GPS tracker for pet lovers around the world.
As Seb says: "We created Pod so that people don't have to go through the pain of losing their pet like I did. A GPS tracker like Pod has transformed the way people think about keeping their dogs, cats and other pets safe."